Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fun With Ribbon

So what do you do with all the  ribbon left over from the holidays?

Do you save it and use it throughout the year to pretty up presents?

I'm ashamed to admit I am a ribbon hoarder ,
but come on ,when you see ribbon on sale you must grab it ,
better be prepared for the next birthday present.

The trouble was buying it, 
then placing it somewhere safe...
and then of course forgetting all about it.

 Finally I  smartened up and started storing it all in one place ,
shocked of how much used and unused ribbon had accumulated over the years .

So last year when I attempted  to sharpen my gardening skills,
I looked at  my ugly planters and thought that they needed some prettying up.

I did not want to use my precious yarn for the simple reason,
 it would get wet and stinky over the course of the summer. 
I needed something more weather resistant. 
Then  and there I remembered my ribbon stash and......
voila.....






then I went a bit ribbon crazy....



and  just for the heck of it I made a crochet cover for a mason jar as well





More fun to come


Fidi
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment